Here are some facts:
- I’m happy in my current situation. I have great friends and family.
- I was happy with Blake and Tyler, but they replaced any desire I had for friends. I don’t want that again.
- I want someone that is willing to fight just as hard for me as I am for them – neither of them did this.
- When I was with Blake and Tyler, I was still flirting with other folks.
- I never had the chance to date Tyler alone, and I had not been an excellent boyfriend to Blake.
- I don’t crave sex. I enjoy it while it is happening, but it isn’t something I crave.
- I think there is a load to learn from dating new people.
- I’m 27. I want a family someday.
- I think by being single for the past few months has made me realize that I was living in Ann Arbor, but not really living. I’m finally participating in the community, and I’m actually being a friend to my friends.
- I need to learn to say no to people.
- I need to stand up for myself and the things that I deserve out of life.
I think I will need to remember this as I move forward in my life. I can’t let my happiness depend on how someone else treats me.